An Act Of HairoismFri 05 Aug 2011
Did you know an anagram of Abandon Normal Devices is ‘Banana Condom Reviled’?
All credit to festival intern Ashley for injecting that quivering, novelty flavoured image into the AND office hive-mind. No doubt it will have us waking up in cold sweats long after this edition of the festival has come and gone.
‘Hairoism’ is another phrase that has been batted about the office in recent days, albeit more with intrigue than consternation.
Here’s a video by way of explanation (warning, contains nudity):
Hairoism was devised by Oreet Ashery, who will be coming to AND Festival with a new performance entitled As-Salam wal Hub.
The conceptual cousin to Hairoism, As-Salam wal Hub will see a group of volunteers made over in the image of a figure sometimes considered controversial in Liverpool, Ringo Starr.
The makeover will be done entirely with clippings of the participants’ own hair.
Transformation complete, the group (probably looking like the artsiest stag do to ever roll into town) will head down to Pier Head to take part in a rooftop gig.
Recruitment for volunteers is now open – email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested and we’ll be in touch.
- Behind the Scenes at Impossible Perspectives Lab
- The Networked Condition: Memo Akten Case Study
- Five Artists Selected For Impossible Perspectives XR Residency
- CLOSED: Call for UK Artists: Impossible Perspectives Lab
- CLOSED: Job Opportunity: Programme Assistant
- The Networked Condition: Joana Moll Case Study
- Introducing The Networked Condition
- Job Opportunity: Finance Manager
- Introducing the Abandon Normal Devices Podcast