An Act Of HairoismFri 05 Aug 2011
Did you know an anagram of Abandon Normal Devices is ‘Banana Condom Reviled’?
All credit to festival intern Ashley for injecting that quivering, novelty flavoured image into the AND office hive-mind. No doubt it will have us waking up in cold sweats long after this edition of the festival has come and gone.
‘Hairoism’ is another phrase that has been batted about the office in recent days, albeit more with intrigue than consternation.
Here’s a video by way of explanation (warning, contains nudity):
Hairoism was devised by Oreet Ashery, who will be coming to AND Festival with a new performance entitled As-Salam wal Hub.
The conceptual cousin to Hairoism, As-Salam wal Hub will see a group of volunteers made over in the image of a figure sometimes considered controversial in Liverpool, Ringo Starr.
The makeover will be done entirely with clippings of the participants’ own hair.
Transformation complete, the group (probably looking like the artsiest stag do to ever roll into town) will head down to Pier Head to take part in a rooftop gig.
Recruitment for volunteers is now open – email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested and we’ll be in touch.
- AND’s new Board Members and Associate Board Members
- Introducing AND’s new Directors
- The AND podcast with New Cinema Days 2023 keynote speaker, Jemma Desai
- Reflecting on our first-ever New Cinema Days
- Q&A with New Cinema Days Artist, Yambe Tam
- Q&A with New Cinema Days Artist, Che Applewhaite
- 2023 is set to be a year of change for Abandon Normal Devices
- Not Your Usual Kind of Fellowship
- Live AV screening of Distrust Everything by Lorem, featuring Acre