Drone Labs and SandpitsWed 01 Jul 2015
The past couple of months have seen a flurry of activity on Project Daedalus. We’ve had two labs, where we’ve explored filming in 360 and tracking systems. Shared the learning with other arts and cultural organisations in two lab events one in Manchester and the other in London . We’ve also run two sandpit events with adults with learning difficulties with Venture Arts‘ photography group and a group of year 9 girls from St Ambrose Barlow High School.
In all of these we’ve handed over the reigns to the participants to try out first hand some of the new technologies we are working with. Each session has involved people getting to grips with flying small drones for the first time, and with the odd crash landing there has been some exciting work made and experiences had. We’ve also taken people into virtual worlds with Oculus Rift, Samsung Gear and Google Cardboard to explore 360 film making.
All of this is helping us understand how audiences interact with these kinds of new technologies. This learning is being compiled into an online toolkit which will be launched in Somerset House on July 22, if you’d like to come along you can RSVP here.
- The Networked Condition: Joana Moll Case Study
- Introducing The Networked Condition
- Job Opportunity: Finance Manager
- Introducing the Abandon Normal Devices Podcast
- Does Spring Hides Its Joy: Documentation
- The Blue Violet River: Documentation
- Staff picks: the online programme
- As the River Meets The Ocean
- Headwaters – Chapter 3