Live blog: Salon #2, The Beautiful and the DamnedFri 31 Aug 2012
We’re blogging live from the International Anthony Burgess Foundation this afternoon for the second salon of AND Festival. Join us in person from 12pm or follow the debate via CoverItLive (see below).
You can chip in via the Twitter hashtag #ANDsalons.
Today: The Beautiful and the Damned.
This salon will ask to what extent ‘erotic capital’ – beauty, good dress sense, physical fitness and sex appeal – still opens doors to people that are locked to others. Should the beautiful be damned? Or should we celebrate the doctrine of ‘shake what your momma gave ya’?
- Artist, performer, director and writer Scottee (star of Follow)
- Academic and author of Honey Money: The Power of Erotic Capital Catherine Hakim
- Writer, journalist and co-founder of The Philosophers’ Magazine and microphilosophy blog, Julian Baggini
Chairing the event is artist, philosopher and CEO of CAV network, Ali Hossaini.
- Behind the Scenes at Impossible Perspectives Lab
- The Networked Condition: Memo Akten Case Study
- Five Artists Selected For Impossible Perspectives XR Residency
- CLOSED: Call for UK Artists: Impossible Perspectives Lab
- CLOSED: Job Opportunity: Programme Assistant
- The Networked Condition: Joana Moll Case Study
- Introducing The Networked Condition
- Job Opportunity: Finance Manager
- Introducing the Abandon Normal Devices Podcast