Live blog: Salon #2, The Beautiful and the DamnedFri 31 Aug 2012
We’re blogging live from the International Anthony Burgess Foundation this afternoon for the second salon of AND Festival. Join us in person from 12pm or follow the debate via CoverItLive (see below).
You can chip in via the Twitter hashtag #ANDsalons.
Today: The Beautiful and the Damned.
This salon will ask to what extent ‘erotic capital’ – beauty, good dress sense, physical fitness and sex appeal – still opens doors to people that are locked to others. Should the beautiful be damned? Or should we celebrate the doctrine of ‘shake what your momma gave ya’?
- Artist, performer, director and writer Scottee (star of Follow)
- Academic and author of Honey Money: The Power of Erotic Capital Catherine Hakim
- Writer, journalist and co-founder of The Philosophers’ Magazine and microphilosophy blog, Julian Baggini
Chairing the event is artist, philosopher and CEO of CAV network, Ali Hossaini.
- AND’s new Board Members and Associate Board Members
- Introducing AND’s new Directors
- The AND podcast with New Cinema Days 2023 keynote speaker, Jemma Desai
- Reflecting on our first-ever New Cinema Days
- Q&A with New Cinema Days Artist, Yambe Tam
- Q&A with New Cinema Days Artist, Che Applewhaite
- 2023 is set to be a year of change for Abandon Normal Devices
- Not Your Usual Kind of Fellowship
- Live AV screening of Distrust Everything by Lorem, featuring Acre