Live blog: Salon #1, The Art of SuccessThu 30 Aug 2012
We’re blogging live from the International Anthony Burgess Foundation this afternoon for the first salon of AND Festival. Join us in person from 12pm or follow the debate via CoverItLive (see below).
You can chip in via the Twitter hashtag #ANDsalons.
Today: The Art of Success.
We often have romanticised preconceptions of artists as impoverished yet passionate creators, but how does this work under the monetary and social influence of collectors, commercial galleries and institutions?
Questioning the hierarchies of success within the cultural world, this salon will uncover the degrees of artistic achievement through conversations with both creators and cultural brokers. Speakers include:
- Zach Blas (Queer Technologies)
- Behind the Scenes at Impossible Perspectives Lab
- The Networked Condition: Memo Akten Case Study
- Five Artists Selected For Impossible Perspectives XR Residency
- CLOSED: Call for UK Artists: Impossible Perspectives Lab
- CLOSED: Job Opportunity: Programme Assistant
- The Networked Condition: Joana Moll Case Study
- Introducing The Networked Condition
- Job Opportunity: Finance Manager
- Introducing the Abandon Normal Devices Podcast