Live blog: Salon #1, The Art of SuccessThu 30 Aug 2012
We’re blogging live from the International Anthony Burgess Foundation this afternoon for the first salon of AND Festival. Join us in person from 12pm or follow the debate via CoverItLive (see below).
You can chip in via the Twitter hashtag #ANDsalons.
Today: The Art of Success.
We often have romanticised preconceptions of artists as impoverished yet passionate creators, but how does this work under the monetary and social influence of collectors, commercial galleries and institutions?
Questioning the hierarchies of success within the cultural world, this salon will uncover the degrees of artistic achievement through conversations with both creators and cultural brokers. Speakers include:
- Zach Blas (Queer Technologies)
- AND’s new Board Members and Associate Board Members
- Introducing AND’s new Directors
- The AND podcast with New Cinema Days 2023 keynote speaker, Jemma Desai
- Reflecting on our first-ever New Cinema Days
- Q&A with New Cinema Days Artist, Yambe Tam
- Q&A with New Cinema Days Artist, Che Applewhaite
- 2023 is set to be a year of change for Abandon Normal Devices
- Not Your Usual Kind of Fellowship
- Live AV screening of Distrust Everything by Lorem, featuring Acre