A how-to guide for nnn.freeport.globalMon 01 Oct 2018
As part of The New Networked Normal (NNN), we worked on the platform nnn.freeport.global – an alternative space for the sharing and distribution of content, using the backstreets, black markets, and divergent parts of the internet to share and debate the value of art.
Below is a how-to guide created by PWR to help navigate and explore the platform.
As an on-going project with co-commissioners The Influencers, Transmediale, CCCB and STRP, nnn.freeport.global intersects traditional ways of exhibiting by unveiling multiple works on the platform with accompanying exhibitions and events in our respective countries. Announcements on the commissions selected to be part of The NNN will be revealed very soon, please check back for more details.
PWR (Hanna Nilsson & Rasmus Svensson) works with practical investigations into systems for communication and information storage, from Cloud to Dirt. PWR are recent fellows at Jan van Eyck Academie and V2 in Rotterdam. PWR have previously exhibited at ZKM Karlsruhe (DE), TodaysArt (NL), FUTURA (CZ), Guggenheim Museum (US), Kunsthaus Rhenania (DE), V2 (NL), MOMA New York (US) etc. PWR has lectured at Rhizome & New Museum New York, Universität der Kunste Berlin, Impakt Festival Utrecht, HFBK Hamburg, Bauhaus Universität Weimar, et. al.
Find our more about the NNN.
The New Networked Normal explores art, technology and citizenship in the age of the Internet, a partnership project by Abandon Normal Devices(UK), Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona (CCCB) (ES), The Influencers (ES),Transmediale (DE) and STRP (NL). This project has been co-funded with support from the Creative Europe programme.
- AND’s new Board Members and Associate Board Members
- Introducing AND’s new Directors
- The AND podcast with New Cinema Days 2023 keynote speaker, Jemma Desai
- Reflecting on our first-ever New Cinema Days
- Q&A with New Cinema Days Artist, Yambe Tam
- Q&A with New Cinema Days Artist, Che Applewhaite
- 2023 is set to be a year of change for Abandon Normal Devices
- Not Your Usual Kind of Fellowship
- Live AV screening of Distrust Everything by Lorem, featuring Acre