Volunteer Call Out: FREEPORT: Terminal MCRThu 10 Jan 2019
FREEPORT: Terminal MCR,
University of Salford (MediaCityUK)
12-16 Feb 2019
Volunteer Application deadline: Midday, Thu 31 Jan 2019
Abandon Normal Devices (AND) are seeking volunteers for FREEPORT: Terminal MCR; a space to explore art, technology and citizenship in the age of the internet.
FREEPORT: Terminal MCR is an exhibition with accompanying talks and screenings, addressing urgent issues shaping the world around us, investigating the ways that emerging technology impacts our social, civic and working lives. For more information on FREEPORT: Terminal MCR take a look at our website.
As part of the AND volunteer team you will enjoy a number of benefits, including:
- Experiencing the whole exhibition and talks programme
- The opportunity to meet international artists, arts professionals, and fellow volunteers
- The chance to develop skills in team-working, communication & interacting with members of the public of all ages
- Travel expenses are provided if required
- Learning about the implementation of Creative Technology in Arts Projects
Volunteer roles include, but aren’t limited to, the following:
- Front of House/Invigilation (welcoming and talking to the public about the work)
- Events Production (assisting with artwork install and de-install)
- Digital (may include taking pictures suitable to be published online)
- Evaluation (gathering public feedback)
No particular skills or qualifications are required to volunteer for us.
FREEPORT: Terminal MCR will be held 12-16 Feb 2019 at University of Salford in MediaCityUK which is accessible by public transport and by car. Find out how to get there here.
Ideally you will be able to commit to 4-6 shifts during the exhibition, however please still apply even if your availability is less than this.
We will also need assistance before and after the exhibition so please indicate on your application form if you are available on additional days outside of the exhibition dates and would like to help.
All volunteers will have to attend a training and briefing session – in Manchester on Monday 11 February, time to be confirmed.
Additional training required for more specialist roles will be provided by a member of the team during the exhibition
How to apply
FREEPORT: Terminal MCR | Volunteer Application Form
Deadline for applications is 12pm, Thursday 31 January 2019
If you need any further information please email Cat Shaw firstname.lastname@example.org
- AND’s new Board Members and Associate Board Members
- Introducing AND’s new Directors
- The AND podcast with New Cinema Days 2023 keynote speaker, Jemma Desai
- Reflecting on our first-ever New Cinema Days
- Q&A with New Cinema Days Artist, Yambe Tam
- Q&A with New Cinema Days Artist, Che Applewhaite
- 2023 is set to be a year of change for Abandon Normal Devices
- Not Your Usual Kind of Fellowship
- Live AV screening of Distrust Everything by Lorem, featuring Acre