Festival VolunteersFri 10 Jul 2015
Abandon Normal Devices is seeking for volunteers to join the AND Festival, which is taking place between Fri 18-20 September 2015 in Grizedale Forest in the heart of the Lake District.
Working in collaboration with the Forestry Commission England’s Forest Art Works programme we are transforming the forest into an exhilarating and illuminating retreat that will reveal the secret architecture of the forest through a programme of artworks, experiences, trails and film happenings. The festival is the biggest event in our calendar and volunteering provides an exciting opportunity to work on a dynamic festival of ground-breaking art, digital culture and new cinema, set in the beautiful surroundings of Grizedale.
Volunteers are crucial members of the AND team and without them we would not be able to run events on the scale and level of ambition we do. As part of the volunteer team you will enjoy a number of benefits, including:
- The chance to experience the festival programme, including receiving free tickets
- The opportunity to meet international artists, as well as staff & fellow volunteers
- The chance to develop skills in teamworking, communication & interacting with members of the public of all ages
- Gaining experience in more specialist roles such as marketing or installing outdoor artworks
- Working alongside & learn about different organisations such as The Forestry Commission & Forest Artworks
- Learning about the implementation of Creative Technology in Arts Projects
- AND Festival T-shirt to keep as a momento
Volunteer roles for the festival include, but aren’t limited to, the following:
- information assistance
- events management (including the set up and clearing of events)
- market research (conducting surveys, gathering public feedback, interviewing)
- assisting with artwork install and de-install
No particular skills or qualifications are required to volunteer for the festival, however experience with some of the following would be desirable for certain roles:
- Recording and documentation of events / editing recorded material (requires tech experience, ability to use cameras, mics, etc. and knowledge of editing software).
- Assisting with install and de-install of artworks (tbc; requires working prior to and after the festival).
- Digital media, updating website content and social media management.
- Market research / Audience Evaluation
Travel & Accommodation
The festival is located in Grizedale Forest in a very beautiful, but remote location in the heart of the heart of the Lake District in Cumbria. As the site is remote and public transport to the site is infrequent, if there is a demand from volunteers we will look at providing travel assistance over the weekend – especially for those who don’t live locally to Cumbria.
Ideally you will be able to commit to 3 full shifts (approx. 8 hours) during the festival, however please still apply even if your availability is less than this.
We will also need some assistance prior to & after the festival, so please indicate on your application form if you are available to spare some time outside of 18-20 September & would like to help.
All volunteers will have to attend a training and briefing session – either in Manchester on Saturday 5 September 2015 or in Grizedale on Saturday 12th September. Additional training required for more specialist roles will be provided by a member of the team during the festival.
Please fill in our ONLINE APPLICATION FORM. Please note: The deadline for volunteers requiring accommodation has now closed. The deadline for applicants who do not require accommodation is Monday 14th September.
We encourage applicants to complete an Equal opportunities form. These are treated confidentially & will have no bearing on your application which will be stored separately.
If you need any further information please email email@example.com
- The Development of the Hive #2: Laurie Crombie
- The Development of The Hive #1: Laurie Crombie
- New Director for AND
- Opportunity: Board Members for Abandon Normal Devices
- New commissions announced for nnn.freeport.global
- A how-to guide for nnn.freeport.global
- We Dwell Below at Hancock Museum: Documentation
- Heavy Metal Detector: Bands announced for Arts by the Sea
- The Hive at FON and bluedot festival: Documentation
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- March 2017
- December 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- November 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- September 2011
- August 2011