Artist Preview: SEFT-1Tue 24 Sep 2013
The AND team like a challenge and we didn’t know quite what to expect when we invited the wonderful Los Ferrounautas, artists and brothers Ivan Puig & Andrés Padilla Domene, to bring their SEFT-1 “Manned Railway Exploration Probe” from Mexico this summer.
It’s been an exciting challenge from the very start, shipping and transporting a bespoke vehicle that travels on road and rail has resulted in some complex and comical conversations with customs, the DVLA and motor insurers.
The brothers relocated to Blackburn in early September to start their one month residency as part of AND. They have been working hard at the getting the vehicle road worthy and weather proof for exhibition at AND in Liverpool, while researching the unique industrial heritage and history of the region.
This week the artists take to the waterways, living and traveling on a narrow boat along the Leeds to Liverpool canal as part of the research into the industrial archeology of the region.
- AND’s new Board Members and Associate Board Members
- Introducing AND’s new Directors
- The AND podcast with New Cinema Days 2023 keynote speaker, Jemma Desai
- Reflecting on our first-ever New Cinema Days
- Q&A with New Cinema Days Artist, Yambe Tam
- Q&A with New Cinema Days Artist, Che Applewhaite
- 2023 is set to be a year of change for Abandon Normal Devices
- Not Your Usual Kind of Fellowship
- Live AV screening of Distrust Everything by Lorem, featuring Acre