At Abandon Normal Devices, we’re proud to commission new works that result in a programme of world premieres and special one-off events. This means access information may not always be available at the time of our announcements as we will still be in the final planning stages. We will ensure that additional access information is added as our programmes unfold, including information on partner venue’s access provision. Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any specific questions about your access needs.
In events sited outside and in venues, we’ll:
- Provide ‘what to expect’ guides that will be available on our website and on site
- Provide clear directions and signposting for blue badge parking and accessible routes
- Provide provisions to access content in different formats on site, including audio description, captions and quiet spaces where possible.
Website and online content
Abandon Normal Devices’ website is run by a small comms team. As of 2020 we’re reviewing online access, and as a priority we’ll:
- Put alt text on images on our website and social media
- Use plain English or provide alternative copy with large text
- Reduce the use of emojis and italicised text
- Use a logical layout and easy to find contact details
- Implement video captions
- Include accompanying transcripts for podcast or audio content
We would like to acknowledge parts of the website that will not be updated. Our archived events from 2009-2019 will not have alt text on images, and may include embedded videos or interactive elements that may not be screen reader friendly.
If any parts of the website are not accessible for you, please get in touch with us at email@example.com so that we can help.