OPEN CALL: AND+British Council Indonesia Creative ExchangeThu 31 Oct 2019
About the opportunity
A creative exchange opportunity for an Indonesian based curator/arts manager/creative producer, to work with Abandon Normal Devices (AND) during the development and delivery of AND Festival in May 2020. Supported by the AND team, the selected candidate will collaborate to curate/produce activity as part of the festival programme that responds to our site and themes. At this time, we see this sitting within the LIVE strand of the festival – film, music and immersive storytelling and technology showcase, however this is flexible depending on the selected candidate and development of the programme.
AND Festival 2020 will take place in various locations across Merseyside and Cheshire (UK) with a festival hub located in Liverpool. The majority of the placement will take place in Liverpool with time spent working in the AND office in Manchester and a production base in Liverpool in the run up to the festival when in the UK.
The exchange will involve remote working (meetings over Skype) whilst in Indonesia and travel to the UK in February and May 2020.
- This call is open to individuals working as a curator/arts manager/creative producer in Indonesia
- Must have some experience of curating/producing projects – although they will be supported by the AND team in the development and presentation at the festival
- Experience / interest / understanding of digital culture/creative technology (new media art) and creative media trends
- Have a good command of spoken and written English. The working language across the programme is English and interpretation will not be provided.
- Use of own laptop and phone
- Be independent, curious and collaborative
- Applicants must be available to participate in all stages of the programme as stated in the timeline.
Parallel Creative Exchange with Kazimier
This opportunity will run in collaboration with Kazimier who will be hosting a parallel creative exchange. Based in Liverpool, Kazimier create interdisciplinary multimedia shows for a variety of contexts from intimate theatre to mass audience outdoor spectacles. Kazimier will manage and host this parallel exchange at their Liverpool based venue Invisible Wind Factory. The two exchange opportunities will be able to benefit from drawing from both organisations’ networks; the artists, curators, producers in the wider AND network as well as networks specifically within Liverpool where they will be based for the duration of their time in the UK. The two creative exchange participants will share accommodation and use the Invisible Wind Factory as a base for working when in Liverpool, as well as time spent in Manchester at the AND office.
The programme timeline allows crossover for both creative exchange participants at key points in the project, specifically times when they are both hosted in the UK.
|1 December 2019||– Application deadline (midnight Jakarta time)|
|W/b 9 December 2019||– Skype interviews with shortlisted applicants|
|W/b 16 December 2019||– Initial scoping phase|
|January 2020||– Remote research and development time|
|W/b 3 February 2020||– Site Visit to Liverpool / research and development time 10 days (incl travel time)|
|W/b 4 May 2020||– In UK for 2 weeks including AND Festival (14 – 17 May)|
(see Open Call for full timeline)
Please submit the following by midnight Sunday 1 December 2019 (Jakarta time) to firstname.lastname@example.org:
All applications to be completed in English.
All applications will be reviewed by a panel consisting of representatives from AND and British Council Indonesia.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a skype interview w/b 9th December.
For any queries relating to your submission please contact email@example.com.
Image: Liverpool Docks on the River Mersey. Photo by Neil Mitchell/shutterstock.com
- AND’s new Board Members and Associate Board Members
- Introducing AND’s new Directors
- The AND podcast with New Cinema Days 2023 keynote speaker, Jemma Desai
- Reflecting on our first-ever New Cinema Days
- Q&A with New Cinema Days Artist, Yambe Tam
- Q&A with New Cinema Days Artist, Che Applewhaite
- 2023 is set to be a year of change for Abandon Normal Devices
- Not Your Usual Kind of Fellowship
- Live AV screening of Distrust Everything by Lorem, featuring Acre