I̶n̛t͘e͟rf̕e̢ren̵ce for COSMOS 2019: DocumentationThu 22 Aug 2019
I̶n̛t͘e͟rf̕e̢ren̵ce was an experimental VR experience, created by Julie Freeman as part of COSMOS; our arts-science residency taking place annually at Jodrell Bank Observatory. COSMOS invites an international artist to create a new audio-visual work developed for the iconic Lovell Telescope which was then during bluedot festival.
We had hundreds of bluedot festival goers inside the Mission Control exhibition tent to experience I̶n̛t͘e͟rf̕e̢ren̵ce, delving inside Freeman’s abstract world inspired by celestial data where they became deep-space pulsar-hunters, seeking out the dying, spinning stars.
Read more about the process Julie went through to create I̶n̛t͘e͟rf̕e̢ren̵ce in her journal.
Track our journey #COSMOS19
I̶n̛t͘e͟rf̕e̢ren̵ce created by Julie Freeman, as part of COSMOS, the international artists commission and residency for the Lovell Telescope. Produced by Abandon Normal Devices, commissioned by Jodrell Bank Observatory, Abandon Normal Devices and Cheshire East Council as part of SHIFT. Supported by University of Manchester, bluedot, Arup, Kuva, with public funds from Arts Council England (ACE) and CreativeXR, a joint collaboration between Digital Catapult and ACE.
With special thanks to Rene Breton, Sally Cooper, Ben Stappers and Tim O’Brien from the University of Manchester and Simon Blakeney, Naomi Tansey, Tim Griggs and Simon Jackson from Arup.
- AND’s new Board Members and Associate Board Members
- Introducing AND’s new Directors
- The AND podcast with New Cinema Days 2023 keynote speaker, Jemma Desai
- Reflecting on our first-ever New Cinema Days
- Q&A with New Cinema Days Artist, Yambe Tam
- Q&A with New Cinema Days Artist, Che Applewhaite
- 2023 is set to be a year of change for Abandon Normal Devices
- Not Your Usual Kind of Fellowship
- Live AV screening of Distrust Everything by Lorem, featuring Acre