Mobile Republic touring jobs – updatedTue 23 Jul 2013
Update: Recruitment for Mobile Republic is now closed. We’re keeping this page up for reference only. Other opportunities can be found here.
Mobile Republic is a touring project originally commissioned by Abandon Normal Devices in 2012, a convoy of interactive caravans radically remodeled and re-imagined by artists, architects and activists. When in situ the caravans group together in a wagon circle, creating a central ‘big-top’ which features an artist’s studio, performance space and an indoor/outdoor cinema.
From 12 – 14 September this year, Mobile Republic is heading out on the road again to visit the CultureTECH festival in Derry-Londonderry, Northern Ireland. The event forms part of Derry-Londonderry’s City of Culture celebrations.
AND is seeking a Touring Producer and a minimum of three crew to support the delivery and production of this exciting project. The roles will involve transporting the caravans, install and deinstall, and (while the project is live) working with artists and other AND staff to engage audiences in the artworks.
Our touring roles will need you to be available from 10 – 16 September 2013 and in possession of a full cleaning driving licence. Please see the documents below for the additional requirements of each role.
- Behind the Scenes at Impossible Perspectives Lab
- The Networked Condition: Memo Akten Case Study
- Five Artists Selected For Impossible Perspectives XR Residency
- CLOSED: Call for UK Artists: Impossible Perspectives Lab
- CLOSED: Job Opportunity: Programme Assistant
- The Networked Condition: Joana Moll Case Study
- Introducing The Networked Condition
- Job Opportunity: Finance Manager
- Introducing the Abandon Normal Devices Podcast