Announcement – The New Networked NormalFri 23 Jun 2017
The New Networked Normal
Art, technology and citizenship in the age of the Internet
July 2017 – June 2019
In a time of political uncertainty and rapid technological change, global events are disrupting our economic, cultural, social and geographical norms, bringing our ideals of citizenship, sovereignty and governance into question. New technologies, emerging communities and networks are acting as significant catalysts in this change, but they also offer new models and opportunities for how citizens can live, work and communicate, providing glimpses of a future sovereignty.
AND are excited to announce a new European partnership and programme The New Networked Normal (NNN) a collaboration between five leading arts organisations from across Europe – Abandon Normal Devices (UK), Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona, The Influencers (Spain), Transmediale (Germany) and STRP (Netherlands). Together we will invite artists, agencies and citizens to feel inspired and empowered to debate and engage with contemporary and critical culture.
The New Networked Normal will explore art, technology and citizenship in the age of the Internet, a partnership project by Abandon Normal Devices (UK) Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona (CCCB) (ES), The Influencers (ES), Transmediale (DE) and STRP (NL).
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This communication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
- AND’s new Board Members and Associate Board Members
- Introducing AND’s new Directors
- The AND podcast with New Cinema Days 2023 keynote speaker, Jemma Desai
- Reflecting on our first-ever New Cinema Days
- Q&A with New Cinema Days Artist, Yambe Tam
- Q&A with New Cinema Days Artist, Che Applewhaite
- 2023 is set to be a year of change for Abandon Normal Devices
- Not Your Usual Kind of Fellowship
- Live AV screening of Distrust Everything by Lorem, featuring Acre