Job Opportunity: Could you be the next Director(s) of Abandon Normal Devices?Thu 23 Mar 2023
We’re seeking a visionary leader (or leaders) to join our shapeshifting arts organisation.
Situated in the North of England, working nationally in the UK and globally, AND curates experiences, commissions, and incubates new art, cinema and sound, often investigating the possibilities and impacts of emerging technology and science. Nomadic yet rooted in community-building, we disrupt traditional artforms, challenge normative perspectives and create space to imagine.
Our current Co-Directors, Ruth McCullough and Catherine Waddington will be leaving in 2023, as we approach our 15th anniversary we’re taking this opportunity to imagine a new future for our collaborative, ambitious, innovative, organisation, that exists as a catalyst for new ideas and art forms.
Abandon Normal Devices is a unique place to work and create, a challenge to think, make and gather in new ways. And how we think about this role and recruit embodies that.
We’re open to applications and proposals for all or part of the role, whether that’s as a Director, Co-Director or alternative leadership models, from individuals, pairs or collectives.
The Director(s) will be responsible for fully articulating our mission and artistic vision, collaborating with board, staff, and stakeholders working across these key areas:
- Programme & Partnerships
- Resource Management (People & Finance)
- Fundraising & Development
- Marketing & Advocacy
How to Apply
- Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com with APPLICATION – Director as the subject field by noon (BST) on Wednesday 3 May 2023
- Please also complete our Equal Opportunities Form, an anonymised Google form
We are committed to ensuring our opportunities are open for people who experience barriers to inclusion. We recognise that you might need additional support to participate in the application and/or interview, whether that is technical equipment, access support or adjustments to the process.
If you require any support or adjustments, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with AND Director Recruitment as the subject field.
If you would like to have an initial, confidential conversation about the role with one of our outgoing Directors, please contact email@example.com with AND Director Recruitment as the subject field. Requests must be submitted before 21st April 2023.
GIF: The Blue Violet River by Anita Fontaine, 2021. Commissioned & Produced by AND
- AND’s new Board Members and Associate Board Members
- Introducing AND’s new Directors
- The AND podcast with New Cinema Days 2023 keynote speaker, Jemma Desai
- Reflecting on our first-ever New Cinema Days
- Q&A with New Cinema Days Artist, Yambe Tam
- Q&A with New Cinema Days Artist, Che Applewhaite
- 2023 is set to be a year of change for Abandon Normal Devices
- Not Your Usual Kind of Fellowship
- Live AV screening of Distrust Everything by Lorem, featuring Acre