New Director for ANDFri 19 Oct 2018
Abandon Normal Devices is delighted to announce the appointment of Ruth McCullough as our new Director. Ruth steps into the role after 9 years with AND, where she has played a vital role working closely with our founding partners Cornerhouse, FACT and folly, as well as numerous partner organisations over the years, establishing our dynamic programme and developing AND’s new model as the UK’s only roaming digital biennial.
Ruth has over 15 years’ experience as a commissioner and producer of pioneering artists and artworks. Prior to her time with AND, she began her career launching Digital Arts Studios in Belfast before taking up the role of Digital Media Manager at the Regional Cultural Centre, Donegal.
Ruth McCullough, Director:
“I am delighted to be taking on the lead role in the organisation that challenges me to look at the world differently. AND forms unique collaborations, enabling artists to take risks, push artistic boundaries creating extraordinary audience experiences. I look forward to working with the team and board in the lead up to our 10th anniversary, and forging new futures for this shape-shifting organisation.”
Howard Rifkin, Chair of AND’s Board of Trustees:
“We are delighted with Ruth’s appointment as our Director. Having been involved with AND since its earliest days, Ruth brings a huge wealth of experience, a deep understanding of the creative media sector, an innovative approach to her work, and a commitment to pushing boundaries. We are very excited about working with Ruth in the years ahead, continuing to collaborate with and develop creative relationships with the many artists and partners with whom we work, and establishing new partnerships to deliver our ambitious and exciting programme of work.”
- AND’s new Board Members and Associate Board Members
- Introducing AND’s new Directors
- The AND podcast with New Cinema Days 2023 keynote speaker, Jemma Desai
- Reflecting on our first-ever New Cinema Days
- Q&A with New Cinema Days Artist, Yambe Tam
- Q&A with New Cinema Days Artist, Che Applewhaite
- 2023 is set to be a year of change for Abandon Normal Devices
- Not Your Usual Kind of Fellowship
- Live AV screening of Distrust Everything by Lorem, featuring Acre